Big batch cooking on the weekend
Reheat and eat for fast weekday meals. Nothing can stress a Mom out more than trying to feed her family. Isn't it tedious trying to figure out what to make for supper when you have spent the day at work and need to have your kid at hockey/soccer/music/tae kwon doe at 6:30. Please don't order in or give them pre packaged food that is loaded with fillers and preservatives. Just follow the recommendations below. I call them spin-off week day meals.
1. Slow-cooker Spaghetti and Meatballs. Makes a huge amount and freezes well. Watch me make it on YOU TUBE.
2.Weekend Tacos. Make your own taco seasoning. Double or triple the recipe to eat during the week.
3. Jambalaya. A great one pot family meal. makes a large amount and reheats well. Great for a quick weekday supper
. Auntie Di's Chicken Thighs. A super easy, five ingredient marinade, for barbecued chicken. Use thighs or breasts, whatever your family prefers. A great recipe to add to your summer repertoire.
See the tutorial on You Tube.
5. Fish Fillets in Parchment. My family loves fish. This is a mild flavoured fish dish that seems to
appeal to small people. I hope you give it a try. Another one dish meal, its quick to put together and clean-up is a breeze.
6. Grilled Brushetta Portabella Mushrooms. My family loves these mushrooms. I only make them when I can use my barbeque. There are only a few ingredients, but WOW do they have flavour! This dish appeals to vegetarians and meat eaters alike. The mushrooms are very 'meaty' and remind me of steak. If you would prefer to make vegan mushrooms, see the suggestion at the bottom of the recipe.
Watch me make them on You Tube.
|Indian Inspire Curry Pizza|
7. A Tale Of Two Pizzas. Using my basic pizza dough recipe make pepperoni and cheese for the kids and Indian inspired curry for the adults. Everyones happy! Watch me make it on You Tube.
Basic pizza dough Youtube video tutorial.
|Pepperoni and cheese|
8. Three Cheese Spinach Filo Rolls. A great lunch or light supper. Serve with a green salad or sliced tomatoes.
Hello meatless-Monday. This is a really satisfying dish.
If your family likes spanakopita they will love this. Cheesy and lemony wrapped in a light crispy shell, my family loves it. Watch me make it on You Tube.
9. Cilantro Jerk Marinade. I'm not sure how authentically Jamaican this jerk recipe is but I do know that it is very tasty. Use chicken breasts, or thighs or even pork tenderloin. My family loves it. I hope yours will too. Watch me make it on You Tube.
10. Tomato Mushroom Linguini. Fridge to table in 60 minutes. Doubles well and reheats well. I love to make this at the end of summer when the tomatoes are ripe and perfect. This dish showcases the tomatoes and herbs from your garden beautifully. If you don't have your own tomatoes of herbs, buy from the farmers market instead. Watch me make it on You Tube.
11. Oven Roasted Tomato Sauce. My favourite way to preserve the
freshness of summer. This is a great sauce to pull out of the freezer in the middle of winter. Super quick and easy, and very satisfying. Toss this sauce with your favourite pasta for a quick weekday meal. Make some to enjoy now and some for the freezer. My guys love this. Plus, find out what the Italian secret is for making the best tasting pasta, ever. Watch me make it on You Tube.
12. Basic Marinara Sauce. Leave the jar at the store. This versatile red sauce is so handy to have in the freezer. Follow the link to see 10 different meals to make from this one sauce. A big thanks to my nephew for providing the inspiration for this. No one wants to cook when they get home after a long day at work. You won't have to with this sauce in the freezer. Watch my son and I make this easy, satisfying sauce on You Tube.
13. Baked Spaghetti. Cooking with kids. Start simple, make what they love, and let them practice. Life skills they'll have forever. This comforting casserole fits the bill. It freezes well, reheats well and doubles well. Watch my son and I make it on You tube.
14. Grandma K's Chick and Rice. I grew up eating this and so did my Mother and her 10 siblings. My Mother made it for me and now I make it for my kids. My Grandmother was so good at making something from nothing and filling all of her hungry bellies with great tasting food. Another family favourite, my kids love it. This was her recipe. Watch my son and I make it on You Tube
15. Da Bomb Fish Tacos. Absolutely the best fish tacos ever, and I'm not just saying that. I have tried a few. In Mexico, US and Canada. I like these best. So much more than the sum of its parts. Smokey, spicy, tangy, crunchy, creamy. Yummy!
Watch me make them on You Tube
16 Terrific Tasty Turkey(in two hours)How do you make moist, tasty turkey in two hours? Flatten it! Cook your turkey in two hours? No, really I'm serious.